Camp Kennebec Recommended Clothing List & Packing Advice
Please use our suggested clothing list below as a guideline only. Clothing and equipment needs vary with each camper depending on camper preferences, age and length of stay. If your camper likes to change clothes often, then please increase our recommended quantities.
When you think about the best way to pack for your Kennebecer – think in terms of layers. Mornings and nights in the country are much cooler than the middle of the day. So campers are the most comfortable when they can layer a t-shirt, with a sweatshirt or a long sleeve shirt or some other top or jacket – one that they can easily remove as the day heats up.
Also, think carefully about possible weather conditions when your child will be attending camp. Mid to late August nights and mornings can be very cool. Please pack jackets and light gloves.
Pay special attention to footwear. Extra shoes and socks are always a good idea. Shoes and socks get wet and muddy at camp – another reason that we ask you to think twice before you send expensive clothes or shoes to camp. Also please provide footwear that allows your Kennebecer to participate in favourite activities. For example, if campers plans on spending time around the horses, closed toe shoes are mandatory. And if they want to spend a lot of time at riding or help us feed and take care of the horses, construction or riding boots are a good idea.
We do laundry once per week per cabin, for campers who stay a minimum of two weeks. Unfortunately, there isn’t enough time to provide laundry service for one week campers.
Please do not send irreplaceable or valuable items to camp. While we do our best to keep track of camper clothing and personal items, campers regularly lose and damage their belongings at camp. That’s why it’s so important that you clearly label everything your camper brings to camp.
Click here for a downloadable version of the packing list.
- Please label all clothing, bedding, and equipment with your Kennebecer’s name. We recommend you use sew or iron-on labels for clothes. Use permanent, waterproof markers for other items.
- If you would like to order clothing labels from Loveable Labels, please visit www.Kennebec.LovableLabels.ca
- Please pack in soft sided duffel bags only
- Include a packing list in your Kennebecer’s duffle bags, so we can help keep track of clothing.
- Please mark the quantities you send under the “Packed” column
- Please do not send money, valuables, expensive or delicate clothing or mobile phones to camp. Campers do not need them while they’re here and we will not be responsible for missing items. It is camp policy to collect camper mobile phones and store them in the office until the end of the session.
Please visit our new online store to see our latest collection of Kennebec t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, baseball caps, pajamas and more.