Thank you very much for your interest in working at Camp Kennebec this summer.
Our cabin counsellors, head staff, heads of activities and medical staff are key to making a Kennebec summer successful. Many of our staff members return to Camp year after year. They find a Kennebec summer to be fun and very fulfilling.
As we hope you can appreciate, it takes a special kind of person to work with children, teens and young adults at a summer camp like ours. Our ideal candidates have prior summer camp staff experience or experience working with children and teens with autism, special needs and other challenges. A completed or partial degree or diploma in psychology, social work or education is an asset. Please let us know if you have a certifications like ECE, DSW, OT, CYW or PWC.
All prospective staff members must supply a current police background check prior to starting work. In addition, all Kennebec staff must be eligible to work legally in Canada, be over 18 years old and possess a valid social insurance number.
We accept resumes year round for male and female camp counsellors, head staff, nurses, nurse practitioners, paramedics and physicians. Unfortunately, we are only able to contact those candidates who we select for an in-person or Skype interview.
Major Steps In the Counsellor Application & Hiring Process:
- Complete and submit an accurate and complete counsellor application
- Camp directors review your counsellor application upon receipt
- Based on your qualifications, experience and open positions, we may contact you for an interview
- An in-person or Skype interview with one of the directors or head staff
- Then we contact your references
- Successful applicants must provide a current, police background check
Thanks again for your interest at working at Camp Kennebec this summer.